Thursday, April 29, 2010

Simple Roasted Whole Chicken

Seriously simple. Will need some spices (I used rosemary), salt and pepper. Yup, that's it. When you have a good piece of protein + foolproof cooking method then you don't need all that fancy and unnecessary hard-to-pronounce spices/sauces. Yes, seriously.

Turn your oven to 375 degrees - roasted.

Make sure your chicken is at room temperature. As long as it is fully defrosted and not too cold (yes, I'm so technical). And a no-no if it is still frozen. One thing I didn't do, and should have done, was to tie the legs together and have them press against the breast firmly. Just like what you see when you buy a whole roasted chicken at the market.

Anyway, look at what I got in the mail today!!! I love freebies.



Here's my 3 lb chick.



Throw in some garlic, don't peel, and allow it roast and melt. YUM.



While you're at it, throw in a few red bliss potatoes. I think that's what those are...



Rub the chicken w/ some canola oil, rosemary, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper.



Cover the chicken.



After 1.25 hours... uncover the chicken and allow it to broil on medium heat for about 10 minutes until nice and brown.

YIPPEE!!!



It cuts in half pretty easily.



On the side, I made a healthy mac 'n cheese w/ asparagus, broccoli, and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment