Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mini Quiches

This was my contribution to the Friday Breakfast at my friend's company for tomorrow + to bring to my office for my last day. The night before, I prepped the ingredients and today, I spent 3 solid hours baking over 50 mini quiches. Yeah, I felt like a machine. Instead of using puff pastry, I went with wonton wrappers which are not just easier to work with but make these quiches taste so much lighter and much more fun to eat!

I was so engrossed in baking and making sure they didn't burn that I did not get the chance to take many photos. I am still working on this recipe so I won't give you the exact measurements. The ingredients included eggs (of course), milk, canadian bacon, feta cheese, mushrooms, onions, and shallots. I used italian spices, salt, and fresh ground pepper for seasoning. However, to spice things up a bit - I did add a dash of dill and some lemon juice.

I set the oven to 400 degrees and used muffin tins. I lined the tins w/ the wonton wrappers and pour in the egg batter. I baked these guys for about 10 minutes and repeated the process until I used up all my wrappers.


I used way too many eggs to whisk the mix by hand so I used my blender. It took 7 seconds to blend everything together.



In a medium sized pot, I cooked the bacon, onions, and shallots. I allowed it to cook for a bit before adding it into the egg batter.



I used these wonton wrappers that I got from my local asian grocer.



So... imagine 50 of these.



Not too bad looking eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment