Sunday, April 18, 2010

Curry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

My friend Dena was over spending the day with me so while she took a cat nap on the couch, I decided to cook up a nice meal. I had been having cravings for Indian food so decided to take this opportunity to make an Indian inspired meal with curry and ginger infused (not even sure how one does this but it sounds so sophisticated so I'm gonna' use it to describe my food) basmati rice.

This was really simple. I used a pork tenderloin that I bought from Trader Joe's and pretty much did a dry rub with this curry spice I got for Christmas. I really should have used a little bit of salt because the meat was under seasoned so definitely add salt according to your preference - that is if your curry rub doesn't already have salt in it. Read your labels!

Turn your oven to 375 degrees - roast.

Yes, that's the handsome beast (about 1.5 lbs) and that's something funky on my thumb.



I used this curry spice for the dry rub.



I don't like to clean my baking dishes. Rub your tenderloin liberally with the spice.



Wrap it all up and bake for an hour. It should be a nice warm pink in the center when done.

It's a bit hard to see the color from this photo... but it was a nice warm pink in the center. Or maybe I'm just lying to you.



This was my version of cooking ginger infused basmati rice.



Very simple, delicious and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment