Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Purple Chrysanthemums

I am having a pretty rough week and so, I have also not been doing much cooking. I think my family and friends are waiting for a press release from me. Until then...

On the way home from the gym today, I walked by a flower stand with chrysanthemums holding onto dear life for one last day of sale. I decided to buy 3 bunches, 2 purple and 1 ivory. Purple is my favorite color. :) According to Buddha, purple is the color of peace. In any case, it's always nice to receive flowers.

I got home and dumped the entire thing into a vase. FAIL. Then I emptied the vase and dumped the bunches into my sink while picking up fallen petals all over my apartment. FAIL.

The ivory ones are sitting on my counter top.



After 20 minutes of pure frustration with thoughts of throwing it all out... I somehow managed to put this lovely bunch together.



Happy Wednesday everyone and for now, I will leave you with this excerpt I got from Wikipedia,

"In some countries of Europe (e.g., France, Italy, Poland, Croatia), white chrysanthemums are symbolic of death and are only used for funerals or on graves - similarly, in China, Japan and Korea, white chrysanthemums are symbolic of lamentation and/or grief. In some other countries, it represents honesty. In the United States, the flower is usually regarded as positive and cheerful."

I think that about sums up all the feelings I have right now. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment