Thursday, April 29, 2010

Homemade Poptarts Attempt I

Don't ask me why but I really, really wanted to make homemade Poptarts. I was okay with making the jam filling but when it came to rolling out the dough and shaping it, I completely lost it. I need a cutter. A much LARGER cutter if I want to make poptarts. These bento-making cutters I have just won't do the job. Until next time...

For the jam, I crushed strawberries and blueberries, and cooked it with sugar. I let it cool in the fridge overnight and the next day, the jam was perfect. Although i didn't get to use much of it in my puff pastry, however, I am looking forward to smearing it over the cream cheese on my bagel tomorrow morning. :D


Here's the jam in process...



and the next morning.



Puff pastry. Bunny cutter. Yeah, you can tell just quite how excited I am in describing this part.



On the baking sheet.



Not quite attractive but very delicious!



I will improve on this recipe and give specifics in the near future. Hmm, maybe after the bar exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment