Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chewy Apple & Almond Multigrain Granola Bars w/ Coconut Milk

My other contribution to tomorrow's breakfast... This is also another recipe that I am working on so I will give you specifics when I have it all figured out. I used multigrain cereal (oats, rye, wheat, and barley), apples, roasted almonds, grade A maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, canola oil, and raw sugar.

I baked it at 400 degrees for about 2 hours. I allowed it to cool overnight and cut into it the next morning. The texture was perfect - crunchy on the outside and chewy in the inside. It was also not too sweet and the coconut milk really added something special to bars. I hope everyone enjoys it tomorrow!!!

Here's the maple syrup, coconut milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, and raw sugar.



The multigrain cereal.



I diced 3 medium sized apples and threw it into the mix.



I chopped up the almonds a bit in the blender.



Here's what it looks like when the ingredients are all mixed together. Oops, I also added some sunflower seeds!



Grease your baking dish w/ canola oil and press the mix down firmly.



Once done, allow it to cool before cutting into it.



How cool is this...



Nice and packed for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment