Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cooking, Eating, and Blogging away

a brokenheart... as well as study for the bar exam.

The other day, I had to ask my family about my "accomodations" in Vietnam.
Seriously, who asks these questions except my crazy self? Okay, let me explain. Ever since I was a child, I was really, really germaphobic. In fact, I still am but thank goodness not as badly as then. I could not share drinks, straws, cups, utensils, plates with anyone, not even my own mother! The thought of it just made me gagged. In fact, I often refused to eat or drink at my friends' home because I genuinely believed that dish detergent or even clorox could not clean away another person's germs from their dishware. And like that wasn't bad enough, my sharing wasn't just food related... I couldn't stay in someone's home for long, sit on their furniture, use their bathroom, unless I felt that everything was truly very clean. I had such a hard time when I first started school because I refused to use the bathroom - in fact, I would refuse to eat or drink all day just to prevent my need to use the bathroom. It was a real issue.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I could finally begin to share drinks with my friends and family. However, I still seldomly dump my entire drink after someone ask and I cave to let them have a sip.

So back to my original thought... I needed to know because I know that unless everything was clean, I could not stay there. I won't be able to sleep at night, it would just be terrible. It would be better to know the truth now so that I can just book a hotel. You don't understand the many nights I have lied awake at night wondering why the toilet isn't cleaned. What is wrong with me?!

In any case, I was reassured that the entire place will be very nice and clean just for me. YEAH! Anyway, I miss the mornings of making fun pancakes,



Blueberries for the eyes, sliced bananas for the button nose, and apple wedges for the smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment