Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

My. Oh. My. Busy, busy day. I had a lot of fun and ate a lot of good food. I also had many great conversations, saw new faces, as well as familiar ones. I played with puppies, took one out for a walk, and said "leave it" instead of "no" about a hundred times. Who says I am not ready for children?! I am all about positive reinforcement.

I will not complain about cooking for one or two anymore because cooking for 10 was a lot of work and cleaning up. How do grown ups do it? I have no idea. I do (aka help) it once on a holiday and I am totally beat. I have been sitting here complaining about how I'm too young to have knee pain <-- from standing in the kitchen. Yeah, I'm kinda' pathetic sometimes. :P

So that's Addy on the left and Moxie on the right. I took Addy for a walk today and she kept chasing leaves and barking at another boy dog (Collin) in the neighborhood. Finally, I took her over to say "hi" to him and she refused to leave. I had to drag her butt off the boy's yard... man, 3 months old and boy crazy already!



Look at that face... "good sit" <-- she only sits nice and tall when she knows you're holding a treat.



Egg baskets and plastic eggs to fill and hide for baby Joshua to find.



Brunch setting aka casual setting (phew).



Because formal setting... takes a lot of time and work! See for yourself here,



Of course you need dyed eggs on Easter. No Peter, no red eggs.



For Brunch, we served dates & chocolate covered pomegranates,



fresh fruits & juice,





carrot cake whoopie! pies,



hot cross buns,



smoked white trout,





smoked salmon (aka lox),




and slightly broiled tomatoes w/ cheese.




For dinner, I only took a photo of the main course (sorry!). This lamb was amazing - there was roasted garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. We also had beets w/ beet greens, green beans w/ roasted slivered almonds, and baked buttered acorn squash.



Yeah, this roasted garlic. Oh la la...



Nothing beat gifts... bro + fiancee brought this. Check it out - pink himalayan salt.



And yeah... not cooking for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment