Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updated Food Pics

Since I had to wait for my pastitsio to set before I could eat it, I had tiramisu from Lyndell's Bakery for dinner instead. Sorry the picture is so blurry but the tiramisu was delicious. I wanted to go to Modern but it was super busy with a long line way out the door. Lyndell is pretty underrated only because it sits on the same block as Modern Pastry and street as Mike's Pastry but I do definitely think their quality is just right up there with those two seniors.

(sorry! i know the picture is blurry)



Anyway, check out this cheese shop at Haymarket. I love this teeny tiny place and its pungent smell. The guy seems to know everything there is to know about cheese and butter. He also sells baguettes but I could not find myself to get one especially knowing how much pasta I will be eating later this weekend. Maybe next time.



I usually like my lasagna with extra sauce on the side, so I made a tomato vodka sauce with cinnamon and cloves (tomatoes, tomato paste, shallots, vodka, some cinnamon, cloves, and salt). The pastitsio turned out really well and cut like a sheet cake. I poured some sauce over mine and it was delightful. I served it with a simple side salad and had it for lunch after my run on the elliptical. It was very satisfying.

Here's it without the sauce after I popped it in the microwave so you can see the creaminess of the béchamel sauce. :D



With the sauce... yum.



Also, remember the how I substituted ap flour w/ whole wheat pastry for my next set of mini pork buns?! Well, it turned out great and here they are... I could eat a million of these, seriously.

(i was playing with the sizes of the bun (kinda')... but imperfections give them some personality, agree?)

No comments:

Post a Comment