Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update: Cottage Cheese Frosting

I barely added any sugar to my muffins so I decided to make a frosting with the leftover cottage cheese. I was not sure how this would turn out but, phew, it turned out well. I'm super excited about this recipe because, again, it is much healthier than regular frosting, which usually call for a ton of butter, and tastes just as great if not better.

All I did was added a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 3 T of powdered sugar, and a pinch of vanilla extract to my blender and made sure it blended until creamy. I did not try pre-frosting my muffins because I didn't think it would hold too well. It's probably better to frost as you serve. This way, we know we're always eating fresh frosting (haha).

Bowl w/ cottage cheese and powdered sugar. I also added the vanilla extract although not pictured here.



It definitely blended into a nice creamy and thick texture just like what you would expect of a great frosting. :D



Now spread it liberally on those delicious muffins.



I was supposed to make boiled beef and cabbage tonight but I am feeling under the weather so I did not cook. However, I did go to East By Northeast tonight and will give you a review later. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment