Monday, March 22, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Tapioca Pudding w/ Honey

After attending my school's Public Interest Loan Forgiveness Program for several hours, I really needed a pick-me-up. Fortunately, that drawer full of apples came in handy tonight. Instead of taking out those evil girl scout cookies, I decided to put my skim milk, tapioca, and cinnamon sticks to good use. This dessert is very easy to make and also, satisfying.

In a small pot, add 2 cups of milk (I used skim), 1 cinnamon stick, 1 peeled and dice apple, and a dash of nutmeg. Cook on low heat (around 3-4). Stirring often.



Add 1/2 cup of tapioca to the pot.



Cook until all the tapioca pearls are clear... very clear... clear all the way through. Get it?



If you can still see some white in the center, keep cooking, it's not clear yet!



Once they're about all clear, add in 1 T of ground cinnamon and 3-5 Ts of honey (depending on your sweetness preference). Combine. Your apartment should smell quite amazing by now.



I served mine with some sliced strawberries. Again, I just love the cool tart contrast with the warm sweet dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment