Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Steak & Veggies Egg Rolls

My corned beef is slowly cooking in the pot right now and it smells heavenly. I added a sprig of basil to the pot and whoa, it definitely intensified the aroma.

In the mean time, I still needed to eat. I sorta' winged this one with whatever I had in my fridge. So in the mix was thinly sliced beef, soba noodles, bean sprouts, julienned carrots, spring onions (scallions), onion, enoki mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, parsley, and thai basil. I slightly cooked the mix before I used it just because the egg rolls only take minutes to pan fry. Yes, note that, these are pan fried egg rolls and NOT deep fried.

Disclaimer: I do not have photos of how I cut up or cook the filling + being alone, it was hard to take photos as a roll them! You will need a bowl of water w/ some flour in it to help seal these suckers. Set your non-stick pan on the stove with about 2-3 T of canola oil and turn to a medium heat.

I used this brand of wrappers. They turned out great and only took minutes to brown on each side.



This was what my filling looked like after cooking for about 5 minutes on high heat. You don't want all your veggies super soft because a nice crisp to each bite makes these guys even more alluring. ;)



Set it up as a diamond/triangle.



Add the filling closer to you than to the center of the wrap. Sorry, does that make sense?



Roll it over once. Fold in the two sides. Continue rolling and moist the tip to seal.


Throw them in the pan and allow it to cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.



Looking good... once done, remove to a plate layered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.



I used the sauce I made for the poached chicken as my dipping sauce. It was delicious!



What a beauty.



Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment