Monday, November 29, 2010

Mexican Food at Tu Y Yo

Over the summer, my sister and I were allowed to go out to dinner on our own at Tu Y Yo in Needham, MA. I know, we sound like children, but sometimes we are treated as such. It was a very nice treat to hang out with just the two of us and to talk freely without parents trying to eavesdrop. Yes, I am in my late 20s and I'm far from being an adult.

The food was good albeit a tad pricey. The waiter was nice but nothing like the one from CoM. This is definitely a great place for a family and I'm sure we will return often.

Salsa and chips. My absolute favorite. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am addicted to chips and crackers. These were definitely delicious. The salsa was very fresh and tasty. I would like some now, please.



Tableside guac. I'm a sucker for that sort of gimmick. I remember I had table side guac for the first time at Rosa Mexicano in Baltimore and I was hooked. I think I like the one here more since they added a few more spices/herbs and the whole thing was well mushed together. Yes, I know... technical on the description.



As another starter, we shared the tamales. Some were sweet and some were savory and all were delicious. There were ones filled with chicken, corn, coconut, fish, and pork. I love tamales. Where is my Mexican husband when I need him to make me some tamales?!



Mole Poblano. I like this stuff too although it was a bit on the sweet side.



My sister ordered this... I forget what it is but it was also yummy. I actually liked this dish a bit more than the chicken mole. I think this was pork.



I liked the rice a lot. Very flavorful. Why don't we eat like this everyday?!



Oh and black beans all the way. I know, how sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment