Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crustless Nantucket Cranberry Pie

I don't usually bake pies but since this is crustless, it's a green-GO for me. As I have mentioned in other posts, I can't really make crusts because one, I can't believe the amount of butter it takes to make crust, and two, it's way too damn delicate to handle. Hence why I make so many crustless quiches and in any case, it's healthier and just as tasty. :D

I'm excited for tonight because I finally get to try the Craigie On Main Burger! According to some gourmet food magazine that my friend read, it says that the CoM burger is the best burger in MA. I've tried many burgers so let's see how this one matches up to the rest. Gosh, was Einstein so right about the theory of relativity or what.

Anyway, this pie is super easy. You will need,

2 cups of cranberries (I used frozen ones b/c once upon a time, I bought a 3LB bag of it)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of melted unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 T of flaxseed meal (optional)
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

some recipes call for a 1 cup of chopped walnuts (add this if you have it, i didn't)

and a greased (no, it doesn't come grease so grease it with some butter or neutral oil) 9 inch pie dish.

NOW go set your oven to 350 degrees.


Measuring my cup of flour.



I used organic raw sugar from Trader Joe's but feel free to use white granulated sugar.



I added 1 T of flaxseed meal to help make this pie somewhat healthier.



Measuring two cups of cranberries. It was not exact so don't worry about being super accurate.



Pour the cranberries into a bowl with the flour, sugar, and flaxseed meal.



Add salt.



Coat the cranberries.



Coat them well. Set aside for a bit.



Melting my butter. I got my pot too hot so my butter started to brown so don't wait too long before dropping in your stick of butter. Not that there is anything with brown butter either...



Whisk eggs and cinnamon.



Add butter.



Pour the wet mix into your dry mix. Simple, right?



Fold the ingredients.



Should look nice and gooey like this. It's so delicious - yes, go ahead and put your finger in there. Now taste it. How good is that?!



Pour batter into your pie dish, evenly, please.



After 35 minutes in the oven.



After additional 5 minutes... pie heaven.



Must enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment