Thursday, November 18, 2010

Curry Chicken w/ Roti Paratha

Do not be intimidated by the title of this post - this dish was really simple and easy to make, especially, after a long day at work. It also paired well with a movie, specifically, It's Complicated. I first saw this movie some time last year and I remember enjoying it very much. I still remember Alec Baldwin's line, "I never knew how to live without you". Anyway, enough with the cheesiness.

You will need chicken breasts, onions, yellow peppers, mushrooms, yellow squash, and tomatoes. I added seasonings such as curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Adjust the ingredients to your preference... since this recipe is not meant to stress you out but to adapt to your liking. :)

First, I thinly sliced my chicken breast because that helps it cook much faster. I seasoned it with a bit of salt and pepper.



Threw in a few dashes of paprika and 1 tsp of curry powder.




Turned on my stove to a medium heat with some canola oil. After the pan was quite hot, threw in my onions with a few pinches of curry powder. I couldn't help it! It smelled so good!



Once the onions were pretty cooked, I threw in my chicken. It was just a bad moment, I didn't flip all the pieces before taking a photo. :)



Yes, I really couldn't help it. I threw in all my veggies and added even more curry powder. I'm obsessed.



So mix it all up and cook until the chicken is well done and the veggies are tender to your liking.



In another small pan, add a little canola oil and turn to a medium heat. Once hot, drop in your roti paratha. I bought this kind - frozen at the supermarket. It's a must try.



Best to cook it when it's still really frozen.



After 5-7 minutes, it starts to puff up and char just like this. How beautiful. Do flip.



Put the roti paratha on a plate and top it with a generous serving of your delicious curry chicken and veggies. I also topped mine with some herby feta cheese.



That really hit the spot. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment