Sunday, November 28, 2010

Detox Asian Turkey Salad

I just realized that the acronym for the title of my blog spells P-I-M-P. How awesome is that?! Totally made my day.

After 5 days in Louisville, KY, I am definitely in need of detoxing foods. I had country fried steak at Cracker Barrel, bacon and sausage grits at Crackin' Wild Eggs, and all you can eat turkey dinner at Captain's Quarters. Not to mention that I also enjoyed some delicious savory muffins and fried okra. I was stuffed all 5 days at every single meal. Imagine eating at the breakfast buffet at the hotel every other day... I don't even want to think what that is going to do to my body... so detox salad it is. Well, we did have one very new england-esque meal at Mitchell's Fish Market where I ordered the yellowfin tuna rare. It reminded me very much of a Legal's Seafood that we have up here. Overall, everything was fresh and tasty although they do make their martini's a bit too sweet for my liking.

You will need,

click on the links to read more on its detoxing values

1 cup of chopped of napa cabbage
1/2 lb of poached ground turkey w/ a couple dashes of paprika and cayenne pepper
2 sliced plum tomatoes
2 sliced bell peppers
2 sliced pink grapefruits
1 lemon + 1 tsp of cayenne pepper for the salad dressing
A handful of pistachios
A handful of sliced takuan pickled radish (optional)
1/4 cup of chopped scallions (optional)

Dressing:

Cut up your lemon for optimal squeezing. I also rolled it on a flat surface a few times to help make it easier to juice.



SQUEEZE the living heck outta' it.



Then add your cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.



How colorful? In the mix was napa cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, and daikon radish.



Poached ground turkey w/ paprika and cayenne pepper.



Add the turkey to the salad mix.



Pour in the salad dressing. I think that dressing taste better without the fats like oil.



Add your pistachios and some sliced scallions then TOSS your way to salad heaven!



SO GOOD and filling especially after a good workout.



YIPPEE for delicious salads that are good for you.

1 comment: