Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spark: Sugar Rush Fundraiser (San Francisco)

I attended my first deposition today and it was quite the experience. I was the youngest person in the room and the deponent was definitely difficult. It was definitely every bit as interesting as courtroom TV and I can't wait to attend the next deposition since we were not able to finish even after 7 hours of questioning. This was one of those moments where I felt confident that I made the right career choice. I mean, I'm excited about a deposition! In any case, the transition from school to working life is definitely tough. I find myself ever more exhausted after I get home from working than I ever did from attending school. :(

Onto the fun stuff! I was in SF last weekend to attend my friend's husband fundraiser at this very cool art gallery. My friend runs/owns a fair trade and eco-friendly company, GIANNA, that hires/empowers women from Southeast Asia to design and make these wonderful handmade gifts and home decor. Her stuff is uber awesome so definitely check out her site. Her husband is the executive director of Spark, which operates summer and after-school programs that match students with apprenticeships in professions of their choice at local workplaces in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles. Do check it out also! Anyway, the fundraiser, Sugar Rush, was better than I thought - I only took photos of about one-third of the desserts that were presented that night. Thank goodness I had a date to help take some bites out of my desserts.

Here are some photos:


These are some apricot pastry/cake from Boulevard were pretty yummy but not as memorable as some other stuff that I tried.



These donuts were fried to order. Unfortunately, I am way too loyal to Dunkin Donuts to even take a bite out of these guys. From what I heard, they were very delicious.



This was from Coi and hands down, it was my favorite of the night. I believe it is a white chocolate parfait with other yummy stuff.



I'm sad I don't have more photos! Anyway, I dropped by Kara's Cupcakes - such a super cute store! Unfortunately, I did end up eating the cupcakes we got because we got ourselves full on tacos from tacubaya.



I still have very poor photography skills so excuse the glare.




I also don't have photos of the rest of the food I had in SF since I like to say that I'm not a glorified yelper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment