Thursday, June 9, 2011

AOU Spring Social 2011

After months of planning, the event all came together much better than I thought it would. I guess I do have some hope for a career in event planning - like my family would say, "anna, your managing skills can be your best and your worst attribute, depending on who you're managing." Mr. Gordon Hamersley of Hamersley's Bistro in the South End is a total sweetheart. Gosh, I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him how much we appreciated his help. MOOPM* and I went there on our first formal date and it was a total blast. Everything from food to atmosphere to service was great and I'm so happy it was one of the places that MOOPM suggested at the time. No worries, I already have my fine stationary out and ready to write him a thank you note. Yes, I'm an old fashioned kinda' gal - I still handwrite my notes and some letters.

Our host, Rich Grossman, let us use his space at Ligne Roset and it was nothing short of spectacular. We felt like we were celebrating in someone's home but with much, much nicer furniture.

Enjoy the photos!

AOU Staff hard at work setting up the food



The shrimp was amazing.



It's just how we roll.



Looks amazing doesn't it? The furniture was super comfortable and Mr. Grossman invited us all to come back and try it all out - no obligation to buy, he says.



Here's Sandy modeling how relaxing it can be to sit on one of their couches.



The cocktail shrimp was simply delicious. Very plump, too.


Best deviled eggs I've ever had. Seriously.



Duck pate crostinis. I just love this stuff.



My best guess is that these are chopped portobello mushrooms crostinis served with whole grain mustard. Also, a major hit at the event.


Not my best photo but these were roasted red peppers and goat cheese crostinis w/ micro greens.


Our dessert station with cheese cake from Finale Bakery, fruit skewers from Whole Foods, and Coffee Cake from the Boston Coffee Cake Company



The crowd. And btw, that bed is called the Anna Bed priced at $4,500.

No comments:

Post a Comment