Saturday, July 30, 2011

Anna & Amanda Bike to AOU BBQ!

Amanda and I have witnessed many of our colleagues biking to work everyday and deep down, we were uber jealous of their fierceness.  You see, we're deathly afraid of biking on the streets - come on, cars are on it! So, we thought it would be hilarious and quite the adventure if we were to bike to our unit's BBQ in North Cambridge, which is approximately 6.2 miles away from Back Bay.  We saw two bikes left at thehubway station by Copley Library and claimed our game. However, I do not recommend this method - these bikes were super expensive! At the end of the day, it cost us each $72 to rent the bikes for 5 hours.  I believe Urban Adventures Bike by the Waterfront only costs $35 for 24 hours rental.

Here are some photos from our silly adventure to North Cambridge and one that we survived without much damage!


This is by the Charles River - how gorgeous and merely two blocks from my apartment!


We found some nice strangers to take our photo but because it was so sunny - I made a silly face - not sure if you can make it out or not. 


We made it to the BBQ drenched in sweat. 


Then I spent most of my time playing with this lil' lady - she is SO SO SO cute.  I really mean that. She was fascinated with my hand and thought it was a toy. 


And then we did this... no worries, we took the train to Charles MGH and biked our way home and of course, making a pit stop at the Apple Store. Just because. 

Last night's dinner at Russell House Tavern was great success!  Having all my wonderful friends there reminded me that moping over a lost phone was the silliest thing I could have done all day. I got some amazing gifts and can't wait to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment