Monday, December 13, 2010

E.A.T. w/ Cheese

Egg, Avocado, and Tomato on Toasts w/ Cheese. This was one of the Greatest. Breakfast. Idea. Ever. Early Sunday morning and after a night with lots of good wine... this piece of heaven totally hit the spot. I will make this dish, again, for many many more Sunday mornings for friends and family because I know, they will love me ever more dearly after having this. Except, I promise not to overcook the egg.

Preheat your oven to broil (low).

I started with two simple slice of toasts that were toasted. What can I say, I like them extra crunchy. Add a layer of sliced ripe plum tomatoes. Make sure your baking dish is well greased with either a neutral oil or butter, if you must. :)



Top with some slices of cheese of choice. I recommend a pretty sharp cheese like sharp cheddar - and avoid low-fat and no-fat cheese since it's more rubbery than milky and won't melt well. Come on now... just go all out.




Next, top with ripe avocado.



Ignore the other slice of toast since it was obvious that I didn't keep up with the level of aesthetics with the cheese layering.



Top with even more cheese. How ingenious!



In a hot pan with canola oil (or butter, if you so prefer), cook an egg very quickly so that just the whites are slightly cooked enough for you to handle the egg onto the toast w/o it sliding right off. With a spatula, just push in the whites so that the egg appears more round. Does that make sense?



This egg didn't do as well as the other one.



Kinda' like this is ideal.



Now stick the thing under the broiler and be sure to take it out in a few minutes or you will overcook your poor egg like that I did. I should not have gone to take my laundry out of the dryer. :( I know, the focus is a bit off w/ this photo.



It was uber delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment