Monday, December 13, 2010

Crustless Spiced Pumpkin Pie

Again, we all know that I'm quite against making crust so hence more crustless pies. Again, I often say I'm a poor baker so you must know that this recipe was super easy to make. It was. It really was. Please go and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. All you will need is a nice mixing bowl, mixing spoon, 9" pie dish, and 1.5 cup of flour, 1 can of pumpkin, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of butter*, 1 T of fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, and a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.

I made this pie for my building's holiday party and I'm glad to report that my plate came back empty! The whole spread was so nice and everyone really made an effort to make the event so much fun. Even though the Pats were playing, most ppl just took moments to run upstairs to check on the score and back downstairs to enjoy good food and conversations. Even my swollen-ankle guy made his way down to try the homemade chocolate chip cookies that I have promised to make but not yet made for him. The party was really quite nice and I must admit, everyone in this building is so kind.

*I used a lightly salted butter. If you're not using salted butter then remember to add a 1/2 tsp of salt to your mix. Melt it over low heat.



In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, and can of pumpkin.



Cinnamon. This is a must add ingredient during this time of the year.



Grate some fresh ginger. I recommend this over ground ginger but again, use whatever you have on hand.



Then pour in your butta. So awesome.



Oh la la. Your apartment must be smelling so decadent right about now.



Mix well. This part is quite easy. Just make sure you get all the flour coated. So keep folding for a bit.



Grease your 9" pie dish and pour in the mix.



After 25 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees... It was smelling quite nice.



I sliced it up, not perfect, and added a few dashes of cinnamon. YUM!



On top of that, we ordered takeout from Kashmir since the weather in Boston was quite treacherous with thrashing rain and 50 MPH wind. Food at Kashmir is always great... plus free delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment