Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vietamese BBQ Pork (nem nướng) Vermicelli Salad

I know, I know. It's been a while. I've spent all morning cooking for the birthday guest tomorrow - so more guests, more motivation to cook. Plus, I start using up the stuff in my fridge so I got some creativity flow going on today. Yeah! Hollaaa...

On a side note, the most obnoxious person just moved upstairs from me. Late last night, he made so much noise that my ceiling was shaking - I thought he was dropping appliances for fun or having a rough rumble with his buddy. It took two phone calls before he would quiet down. I'm not liking this start.




It's not burned. It's charred. :) Trust me, it tastes so much better this charred. I cooked it on med-high heat for about 15 minutes. The patty is about 1 inch thick. I let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting in into it. This is basically ground pork with different seasonings. Read more about the recipe at the Ravenous Couple's blog.


Quite yummy!


I cooked vermicelli noodles according to the package's instruction and on the side, cooked up sliced scallions and minced ginger in oil with some salt and sugar (get the recipe here). I topped the noodles w/ some of the scallion and ginger goodness. It also prevents the noodles from sticking together. ;)


I adding a healthy heap of bean sprouts.


Add the pork and mix it all up! That's the fun part.


Then add a generous handful of pickled carrots. I don't have the recipe since I didn't make the brine... :)


Lookin' good.


But since I have some arugula, why not?!


Yeah! If you have some crushed roasted peanuts - add that too. I didn't have any. :( I did top mine with some homemade fish sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment