Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MPM's 28th

This is just a photo MPM took in Beijing of foods he thinks I'd like - scorpions, beetles, worms, etc.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend for sure! I'm glad I'm not turning 28 anytime soon. Not really.

A friend of ours invited us to their place out West (the suburbs) for lunch and we couldn't resist the opportunity to get out of the city. It was also a nice opportunity to show our California friend the other side of Massachusetts. We got zipcar and I drove - made it out to Southborough in under 20 minutes. YEAH!

We were treated to an awesome lunch of fresh greens and grilled steak tips. Our friend, originally from the South mentioned that steak tips are nowhere to be find there and thinks of it as a New England treat. I couldn't help but wiki steak tips and from which I learned that they are also popular in the Central Coast and Valley of California. Interesting.

I forgot to take a picture but MPM took one and I'll ask for it later... but he had a cake surprise with a ninja on top from Gerardo's Italian Bakery out in Westborough. It was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and italian whipped cream frosting. All I ate was the frosting - what cake?!

Anyway, the weekend was filled with dinner at Cambridge1 (lots of pizza!), scorpion bowl at Hong Kong (of course), birthday dinner at Craigie on Main (disappointed in both food and service*), drinks at Bond, dinner and drinks at Lolita - lots of tequila consumed, and more food and wine from Panzano Market (great place if you're ever out in Southborough!). We got great wine, boar sausage, coppa, fig spread, bread, and many different types of italian cheeses with names I can't recall.


The spread on my coffee table. Never asks boys to take photos - everything is half eaten when this photo was taken. Do you notice that I have these awesome tags for the wine glasses so no more guests asking "is this mine or yours".


The peppered sausage was from Whole Foods and the pate from Trader Joe's - how awesome. That's the boar sausage all nice and sliced. Coppa in the background. Also from Panzano.



I had bought a bunch of persimmons so there they are all skinned and quartered.


Dinner at Craigie. Two birthday boys. Peanut butter ice cream cake from the in house pastry chef. Awesome-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment