Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I miss my blog!!!

I hate studying for the bar. I really do. I mean it. It is worse than 1L... the sad part is the more I learn the less I know. I can never feel like I study enough. I keep hearing different voices in my head repeating over and over again, "I wish I was smart". How pathetic?!

Onto happier news, my younger sister said to me today "bieber fever!!! bieber forever!!! you can borrow my clothes anytime you want because that's what sisters/BFFs are for!" - how impossibly sweet is that? If you don't know, we're going to the bieber concert in November, yippee! I am missing her right now while she's at lax camp.

In any case, I've been downing protein shakes to curb my insatiable hunger and it worked. You see, someone finally called me out on my bluff to kick their ass in kayaking. I'm no pro but I like to carry myself out as one and because I do not like losing, I'm bulking up for the challenge. I'm incredibly sore, everyday.


The other night, we had burgers. Of course, I forgot to take photos of the actual hand-packed turkey hunks but I'll describe what went in them... steak mushrooms, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Yes, I went w/ the mediterranean theme - how cliche of me (statement, not question). Don't salt your burgers before you hand-pack them, salt them after... trust me.

Slightly buttered and toasted buns... heaven



Toppings. I love, love ripe avocados.



And these are just from random nights...

I am caramelizing onions and pine nuts w/ a dash of pomegranate vinegar for my swiss chard.



Ta da! Swiss chard is yummy.



I love this le creuset grilling pan... just basic lightly breaded chicken breasts well prepared.



Homemade guac... the best. Yes, that is the pit to keep it from browning unless you're a fan of preservatives. If not, I recommend keeping the pit in there.



Shaved asparagus, smoked salmon (lox if you so prefer), sliced strawberries, and capers. I just squeezed a bit of lemon juice over and seasoned w/ sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment