Monday, May 10, 2010

Marinara Sauce Part Deux

Okay, I was determined to achieve the same look, taste, and texture of marinara sauce you get at the restaurants. At first, I was convinced that they must use tomato paste, however, after making the switch to super ripe tomatoes I did achieve that very deep orangey-red hue.

Blanched very ripe plum tomatoes. See how red they are?!



Once done, take them out and peel off the skin. It should come off very easily at this point, if not, put them back in the pot and cook for a lil' longer.



Now throw it back in the pot w/ about 1 cup of water (I would suggest using less water than more) and cook until they're soft and mushed (yes, very technical) up.



You will need some basil and garlic. This was my attempt of reviving my basil. FAIL.



Looking good! I'd recommend chopping up the basil a bit for finely when you add it to the sauce and or use it as a garnish when you serve it over pasta.

Like last time, season to your liking. Add garlic at the end for that intense garlicky flavor. Also add some olive oil.



I used fresh pappardelle pasta. Yummy!!!



I could eat this everyday, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment