Sunday, October 24, 2010

Post 390

After spending 5 nights in DC for the EJW conference, I wanted nothing more than to come home, sleep in my own bed, and eat a home cooked meal. I did also had an amazing time at the conference and met many awesome folks who are all working for the cause. :)

I was very disappointed when I could not find any late night taco places after downing a few black & tans at Elephant and Castle... even though I did find one very delicious place the next day, El Charrito Caminante, in Arlington. I went w/ the goat and beef tongue tacos - uber yummie. In any case, food in DC is pretty legit.

But life resumes and I find myself at Post 390 with some of the most awesome women I know. It's also only 2 blocks away from the apartment thus making it the perfect place for drinks and comfort food w/ the ladies. We learned that it's called Post 390 b/c it used to be a post office and the # of the building was 390. I just love the ambiance - so vibrant!





I also love women who can eat. We had to share the four cheese mac & cheese... which was oozing w/ cheese - the large shells were perfect to trap in all that cheesy deliciousness + the light buttery crumbs on top was just right. (this photo was taken after one of us was too impatient to wait for the photo op before serving herself...)



We also shared a healthy order of fried calamari (not pictured) and ipswich clams. The breading was just right.



And it's moments like this that I am glad that I'm a substantial Asian girl... the prime rib special w/ scalloped potatoes. What more does a girl need aside from her meat and potatoes?!



Then when all was said and done, we stopped by Bar Lola, which is right next to where I live. The crowd was loud and rowdy so we decided to take our pitcher of Red Sangria upstairs to my apartment instead. I have to now find a way to return everything and explain...



Post 390 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment