Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Food Quinoa!!!

Being injured blows.  Blows, blows BLOWS.  I am not feeling like myself, I am often frustrated, and I want nothing more than to be able to move around like I used to.  It takes me a year and a half to get anywhere and I'm constantly in pain.  I can't wait for surgery and start the recovery.  Because did I mention, this BLOWS?!

So, in order to feel whole - I took a trip to Whole Foods.  I bought everything green and healthy to make a super food quinoa.

In goes broccoli, cilantro, parsley, edamame, carrots, tomatoes, and chicken. I seasoned with reduced balsamic vinaigrette, salt & pepper, and shaved parmesan. So so healthy and super yummy.

Bottle of wine is from Ehlers Estate. Not bad. Not bad.


Part of the Whole Foods haul.  I bought some baby kale greens and it's oh so flavorful. Move over baby spinach.


I get started on reducing my balsamic vinegar but forget to add some mustard seeds. Trust me, makes it exponentially more delicious. Try it.


Ever since I came back from Stockholm, I can't seem to eat enough parsley.  It's also so green and pretty that it gives food a nice POP.


I did a medium fine chop. Yeah? Yeah.


Never realized how pretty a broccoli crown is.  I might want no other bouquet than a broccoli bouquet one day.


Slice them with a stalk focus? Does that make sense? Well, slice it however it makes sense to you so whether that is stalk focus or not.


Then throw them in a pan that had heated olive oil with some salt and sugar in it... medium heat should work.


Oh cilantro. It's such a staple in Asian cuisine. I chopped them the same way I chopped the parsley. Medium fine chop.


So pretty and firm.


Sliced baby carrots.


Because black beans are the superior beans. Rinse.


Ingredients that don't need cooking: parsley, cilantro, tomatoes, carrots, and black beans.


In the pan: broccoli, edamame, and carrots.


Here's a better photo. I think.


I poached some chicken tenderloin. I know, I know, can they look any more bland?!


I chopped them.


I throw them into the pan and pour the reduced balsamic vinegar all over it. See.. I had a plan.


Cooked quinoa. Oh la la.


All mixed together. How pretty!


Action shot!!! Yes, squeeze some lemon in to it if you insist.


Rib-eye. Non-related but made it to my plate tonight for dinner.


I hope I will feel the same way about my first born as I do about the fat on this piece of meat.


Dinneerrrrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment