Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bittersweet Chocolate Powder

The weather was actually "warm" today in the high 30s/low 40s despite no sun. I feel like we're in Europe! I made a short trip to Whole Foods since it's only about a 5-7 minute walk from the apartment. I did not have a list of things to get, I really just wanted to browse the aisle to see if they had anything cool, since they usually do.

I bought these "chocolate bricks" from Trader Joes and although they're great for melting, however, not so great for baking. I decided to use my Blendtec or otherwise known as, the Will It Blend (an IPhone 3Gs) Blender, to ground the chocolate to be used in other baking adventures and late night chocolate milk.

Here's the brick.



All chopped up. Although I've been told that I don't need to chop it up before I blend it, I'm still scared. My blender is LOUD!



In my Blendtec.



Voila! There are some clumps but pretty easy to break up.




In any case, I do have the picture of the dumplings as I promised. Peter enjoyed them very much. :D I made a simple soy sauce with rice vinegar, one thinly sliced thai chili pepper, and topped it with some scallion greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment